Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

Drugstore Haul of Fame

I just thought I will so a quick post to show you guys some of the things that I bought in past couple of weeks... I had been lusting after most of these things for such a long time...Finally I decided to give in.


There were some very good offers last week. First one being the Boots 3 for 2 across all make -up and other one being  buy any 3 for £10 across quite a few hair-care products.

Barry M Jelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints in Lychee, BlueBerry and Pomegranate. These babies have been proving very popular in the bloggerville and I finally surrendered to the call of these small shiny bottles..I have treid Lychee and Blueberry on so-far and I loved them both. My only gripe is that since these are thicker nail polishes, the thin brush makes it difficult to apply.. Let me know if you want a detailed review with swatches.. These are available at boots or Superdrug and are priced at 3.99. I got it when they were on buy 2 get £1 off. I also picked up Barry M Foil effect Gold as I love the silver one that I have for Konad stamping.

Revlon Nearly Naked Make-up : Again another very popular product. I had to get this as I prefer the light to medium coverage foundations and this sounded just right for me. I got it in shade True Beige. I tried it as soon as I got it home and I love the finish. It is really very light and will be perfect for summer.

Real Techniques Brushes : I didn't have a stippling brush and was happy using a foundation brush for foundations.I had 2 brush sets from Real Techniques and was very happy with them, and because of the 3 for 2 offer, I decided to add these to my collection. I am so glad I did. The stippling brush is just amazingly soft. These were roughly  £12 each...

OPI Euro Centrale Minis set : I had 2 favourites from this collection that I wanted to buy. You are such a Budapest and Polka.com. however when I saw the minis set, I thought I would buy this and then buy Polka.com separately. Will post reviews with swatches later..

John Freida 3-day straight spray and Dream Curls styling spray : I don't have curly hair so I probably shouldn't have got the 3 day straight spray. But it works like a charm and my hair was definitely straight even on the 3rd day. I am yet to try the Dream Curls styling spray. These both are i region of  £6-7 . However, because of the offer in Asda, I got it for approx 3.33 which was not a bad deal at all... (The third thing I bought was an Aussie shampoo)

Tangle Teezer. I have been trying to grow my hair long for some time now. Since I have got fine hair, I find it difficult to detangle without a lot of it ending up in the comb. There were so many good reviews of this , that it had to end up in my shopping basket...

Other Bits: Maybelline 24-hour colour tattoo eye-shadow in Pink Gold, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in True Beige and Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in Purple. 

I will do individual posts and reviews of some of these things...so if you would like to know how I get on with something in particular, please drop me a note or mention in the comment.




5 comments:

  1. i am so jelly they are all the things i want haha

    i am following you do you mind following me back? http://yourbryblog.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by.... I loved your DIY ideas post... Now following back.

      Delete
  2. Oh so many of these products are amongst my holy grails, both real techniques brushes and frizz ease sprays are amazing..! I also have recently bought polka.com isn't it pretty :)
    great blog :)
    Poppy | far away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comment. I really want to get polka.com...enjoy yours...

      Delete
  3. thanks for share...

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
I would love to hear what you have to say and will always reply to comments.
Love,
GlitterCloud